Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Various animals
















We've had the on-going battle with mosquitoes - which we seem to be losing so if anyone knows any great preventative measures let us know...and then we've had the odd cockroach, although not many so far.

But best of all have been the geccos or lizards...

I'm not sure how you define them - I don't think a gecco can be 5 foot long! The largest of these monsters just strolled past our front door as we were reading outside without a care in the world. I've since checked the photo against the plants and buildings in the photo and the length of it head to end of tail is probably about a foot shorter than me! We also ran into another one of similar size as we walked the 10 minute walk through the "jungle" to Coral Bay on the other side of the island...we thought they couldn't move quickly but when it saw us it ran way quicker than we could so it's just as well that it was scared of us!!

1 Comments:

Blogger Ed said...

I've now looked into it and found out what a Kimono Dragon is - I had no idea before...it definitely isn't one of those...the ones we saw were scared of us!

10:27 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home