Saturday, November 18, 2006

Sport

Sorry for those that dón't like sport...a quick comment on the cricket and rugby. I saw the last 30 mins of the Argentina game and it seemed like England we're on top...don't know if that was representative of the whole game but if it was then we shouldn't panic - even great sides lose occasionally (the All Blacks in the semis of the world cup for example). But all these losses in a row seems to be down to a lack of consistency in selection...we need 22 world class players but not 30+ - I'm not sure how many players Robinson has used but it's far too many, injuries or no injouries. I'm surprised Moody can't get in the team, and also that Lund can't get on the bench at least. And he's got to get the scrum half position sorted. I haven't seen much premiership rugby in the last year but every time I see Ryan Lamb play he seems superb...is Flood really better than him?

And on the cricket...defensive it might be but 2 spinners is the way to go I think given the poor medium pace options...(yes Taff, I agree with your email). I'm a bit worried about Cook...I hope he proves me wrong but his good start to test cricket has been peppered with dropped chances by the opposition - and that was against the weak test sides. I hope he proves to be an amazing success though...Monty will be our match winner - he needs to bowl like Warne did for them last year if we're going to have much of a hope...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home