Thursday, March 29, 2007

To come....

We've been to Similipal National Park and seen some amazing waterfalls, but few animals. Also seen our guide shamelessly rip off an incredibly poor villager by stealing 2 bits of fruit and then when he was confronted he only gave one back....he also stole a day or so old chick out of the park - needless to say we hated the guy! We then survived a lunatic bus driver who didn't use the break and kept the accelarator to the floor at all times on our way to Chandigar (while also seeing nice Indian landsapes - I was beginning to wonder if they existed outside of national parks) where we enjoyed a day on a vast beach - the sea goes out 5km!

We're now back in Bhubaneswar to get our flight to Bangalore tomorrow...but I've got to go so you can read the rest when I update from Banagalore (which we're assuming will have decent internet cafes)...

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter Lamb said...

Several places you mention recently that I can't find on my map, plus the only Chandigar that I can find is several hundred miles to the north. At least I've found Bangalore so I'll know where you are when you get there!

8:40 pm  
Blogger Ed said...

Well it should have ben "Bhubaneswar" rather than "Bhuraneswar" so that could help....

If Chandigar was in North Orissa on the coast then that's the one...it's about 4 hours north of Bhubaneswar by train....

2:25 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home