Thursday, November 02, 2006

Monty



We went for a meal and drinks last night - our first in Kuala Lumpur - and ran into Monty Panesar at the Beach Club. I wasn't sure if it was him at first so spent 15 minutes trying to work out if it was or wasn't and eventually went to say hello. The conversation was a little bit of a let down and went something like this:

Ed: Excuse me (always polite!), this will be really embarrassing if you aren't, but are you Monty Panesar?

Monty: I'd rather not say.

Ed: So you are then! I've been wondering if it's you for about 15 minutes. Would you mind if I had a photo taken with you?

Monty: I don't think so, sorry mate. I'm trying not to draw attention to myself. Where are you from?

Ed: London. Fair enough then - enjoy your night.

Why didn't I at least say good luck in the Ashes?!? Michelle thinks I was a little star struck! Playing for England obviously brings in the pounds...when we got out bill we found that beers were over 4 quid each at that club...

2 Comments:

Blogger Peter Lamb said...

Shame he wouldn't have a photo taken with you, I can't believe he would have been mobbed even if he was recognised.
You should have asked him if he could get you any Aussie test match tickets.

9:02 pm  
Blogger Ed said...

I thought about taking a picture of Michelle from a cunning angle that got monty in the background as "proof" but decided against!

I guess his press training tells him not to have pictures taken in bars/clubs just before a big series for his country...

8:41 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home